Big News on Covid-19 Travel advisory for all people who are planning to come to Canada. From September 7, 2021, fully vaccinated foreign nationals are eligible to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) reasons, such as tourism. That means there are requirements for special authority letter to travel for purposes related to visit.
In addition to this people who are traveling to Canada after September 7, 2021, must:
- Be fully vaccinated: the travellers must be able to show proof of their full series of vaccines or combination of two vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada. The vaccine must done be at least 14 days prior to entering Canada.
- Some of the approved vaccines that are manufactured are Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- Be asymptomatic with any covid symptoms.
- All travellers must have a Pre-Arrival Covid-19 Molecular Test result taken no more than 72 hours before their reserved flight on their arrival at the land border crossing. Or if they have positive test within 14 to 180 days before departure to Canada.
- No Rapid Tests are permitted.
- It is important for travellers to provide their information via ArriveCAN App or Website, including proof of vaccination in English or French
- Be admissible as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Any traveler if asked must take test on arrival.